A Certificate in Quantitative Economics is available to students who complement their Economics major by completing certain quantitative skill courses.
A departmental certificate will be issued once completed.
It is not a declared item and will not appear on your transcript. But you can (and should!) put it on your resume.
To earn a certificate, the student must earn a C or better in three sets of courses:
Part A – Select one course:
- MATH 1131Q and 1132Q, Calculus I & II
- MATH 1151Q and 1152Q, Honors Calculus I & II
Part B – Select one course:
- MATH 2110Q, Multivariable Calculus
- MATH 2130Q, Honors Multivariable Calculus
- MATH 2210Q, Applied Linear Algebra
- MATH 2410Q, Elementary Differential Equations
- MATH 2420Q, Honors Elementary Differential Equations
Part C – Complete the following:
- ECON 2301, Mathematical Economics
- AND one of the below:
ECON 2311, Empirical Methods in Economics I
ECON 2326, Operations Research
ECON 2327, Information Technology for Economics
Submit the Certificate in Certificate Application to OAK 309 by the end of your last semester and your certificate will be mailed to you over the summer.