Omicron Delta Epsilon, the International Honors Society in Economics, is the world’s largest economics undergraduate honorary society. Membership in the society, which recognizes your academic achievements in economics also grants eligibility to apply for ODE scholarships and an online subscription to The American Economist, the economics journal of ODE. For more information, please visit the Omicron Delta Epsilon website.
The minimum requirements for admission to the UConn Chapter: “Alpha of Connecticut” for undergraduates are:
- A declared Economics Major
- Have completed a minimum of 12
upper-levelcredit hours of economics courses , including both ECON 2201 and 2202
- Attained of a GPA of 3.0 or better in the economics major
- Attained a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- In the case of colleges or universities with an Honors Program in Economics, attainment of B-grade work or better.
Applications are available for submission beginning January 21, 2020. Complete both the UConn Membership form and the Omicron Delta Epsilon Membership Application Form and submit with a $40 lifetime membership fee check made out to “Omicron Delta Epsilon” to Oak 309, the Economics Department main office.
REQUEST TO APPLY ONLINE:
2020 Deadline to Apply: Friday May 22, 2020
Induction Ceremony: Date & Time TBD