Welcome to the Department of Economics
The Department of Economics at the University of Connecticut is the home to 33 faculty members, over 1100 undergraduate majors and approximately 90 graduate students. We are proud of the success of our students after graduation. Many of our undergraduate majors have gone on to careers in insurance, banking and government both at the state and federal level. Our Masters graduates have continued in the Ph.D. program or distinguished themselves in business and government positions. Numerous colleges and universities in the region and around the world are staffed with faculty members who received their doctorate degree from the Department.
The department prides itself on the diversity of interests and fields of its faculty. All of the faculty are actively involved in research and publication activities, and are active in international, national, and regional professional societies. Faculty members have also served in positions with the national and state governments, and international institutions.
The department also welcomes private support, which helps us reward top scholarly effort and to competitively recruit students and faculty. For more information on donating to departmental efforts, click the "Giving" link above.
- Professor Prakash Joins the PLOS ONE Editorial Board
- Professor Lanza Launches Economic Newsletter
- Professor Agüero and Professor Zhao receive CLAS Summer Funding
- Professor Ross interviewed on Where We Live about Universal Basic Income
- Professor Agüero becomes an Editor of the Review of Economics of the Household
- Professor Ross to serve on Hartford’s Universal Basic Income Task Force
Department of Economics
309 Oak Hall