- MSQE Opens at Stamford Campus Beginning Fall 2023
- Early College Experience – Economics: Workshop 2022
- Stamford Students Learn about Financial Planning and Analysis from Charter Communications Director
- Stamford Student Wins Second Place at the New York State Economic Association Conference
- Finance and Econometrics at Seminar Supported by Art Wright Funds
- Business Appraiser Shares Methodology in Financial Economics Class
Welcome to the Department of Economics
The Department of Economics at the University of Connecticut is the home to 33 faculty members, nearly 1100 undergraduate majors and approximately 60 graduate students. We are proud of the success of our students after graduation. Many of our undergraduate majors have gone on to careers in insurance, banking and government both at the state and federal level. Our Masters graduates have continued in the Ph.D. program or distinguished themselves in business and government positions. Numerous colleges and universities in the region and around the world are staffed with faculty members who received their doctorate degree from the Department.
The department prides itself on the diversity of interests and fields of its faculty. All of the faculty are actively involved in research and publication activities, and are active in international, national, and regional professional societies. Faculty members have also served in positions with the national and state governments, and international institutions.
The department also welcomes private support, which helps us reward top scholarly effort and to competitively recruit students and faculty. For more information on donating to departmental efforts, click the "Giving" link above.
Job Market Candidates
Assistant Professor of Economics (Storrs Campus)
Department of Economics
309 Oak Hall