Are you interested in economics but majoring in another field? Try a minor in economics.
- C (2.0) or better in each of the required courses
- Pre-requisite Courses:
- ECON 1201 & 1202 (or ECON 1200), Principles of Micro & Macroeconomics
- MATH 1071Q or 1131Q, Calculus
- STAT 1000Q or 1100Q is required for some upper-level ECON courses
- ECON 2201, Intermediate Microeconomics Theory
- ECON 2202, Intermediate Macroeconomics Theory
- At least one course in the ECON 2300 series or ECON 3000 level or above
- Two additional, three credit, economics 2000 level or above courses
- note: ECON 2481 and 3481 do not count toward the minor requirements
- Maximum of 3 credits toward the minor may be transfer credits of a course equivalent to University courses
- Total of 15 upper-level credits
A Minor Plan of Study must be submitted to the Degree Audit Office during the first four weeks of the semester in which you expect to graduate. The minor is then recorded on your final transcript.