Welcome to the ECON Department!
If you are a:
- current UConn Storrs student who changed to an ECON major or added ECON as a 2nd major
- new UConn freshman or transfer ECON major
- new Storrs Campus ECON major
You will need to attend one of the mandatory ECON New Major Sessions to go over:
- internship info
- career info
- study abroad info
- tutoring info
- permission number and waitlist processes
- advisor info
- related courses
- minor/double major options
- key department people
- registration issues and enrollment info
- as well as answer any questions you may have.
OPEN TO ALL STUDENTS INTERESTED IN AN ECON MAJOR
Required for all new and newly declared ECON majors.
Upcoming Sessions: click on link above to view sessions available and select the session option based on your academic situation:
1) You have completed all foundation course requirements
2) You are missing one foundation course requirement
1) ECON 1201 and 1202 (or 1200 combination course)
2) One of the following: MATH 1071Q, 1131Q, 1051Q, 1110Q, 2141Q
3) One of the following: STAT 1000Q, 1100Q, 91000
If you are unable to attend one of these sessions, please email: email@example.com
You will need to attend a make up session.
ECON students who have not attended an ECON New Major session previously will have an enrollment hold placed.
Students needing to attend will be emailed with further information.